Analyse, evaluate and present a reference open educational project


          Hello everybody! Today’s post is about analyse, evaluate and present a reference open educational Project. It is going to be very interesting. Do not miss it! And Check it out!




Describing the process

This idea comes from the ICT classroom at the Rey Juan Carlos University. First of all, we had to choose a reference open educational project from a list, in my case I have chosen a project called "My Body". This project contains activities and materials related with:

- The parts of the body
- The parts of the face
- Actions we can do with our body.
- Physical changes caused by growth.

After that, we had to analyse and evaluate it, using a program "Genially".

Genially is a good tool, similar to "power point", but more interactive. You can use lots of resources with this app, creating windows and embedding files. You can also organized big texts to make them more attractive for the reader and to have a clearer view about them. I had to practice for a while to handle this tool because it was the first time that I used it.

Once I controlled Genially I followed a chart as a guide to elaborate the presentation. Here you can see a picture where you can check it:




It was useful for me to fill in the chart because I could used it as a guide to create the presentation. 

My presentation in "Genially"  is constituted by five parts:
1. Cover.
2. Features.
3. Project criteria.
4. Advantages vs disadvantages.
5. Conclusions.

Once I finished the presentation, I have typed this post in my blog, and it will be available also through my "twitter". I did this because I think it was an interesting task, and it can be useful for another person, I would recommend Genially certainly, it is a good and innovative way to create attractive presentations for catching the attention of the viewer and for organizing information.

Here it is my creation in Genially, available for everybody:
Finally, I will provide you my own analysis of this project "My Body". I hope you like it, do not miss it, check it out!!

Analysing an open educational project "My Body"

This educational project is available online for everybody it consists on facilitate the process of learning new vocabulary or to review the vocabulary that children already know about the body. It also offers activities and materials to develop the lessons with your students.







You can:
-       - Either practice with your students some new vocabulary from their mother tongue or from the L2.
-      -  Either use materials to support your students or not.
-     -   Use multiple choices.
-     - Modify the project to adapted to your own aims with your pupils.


The aspect of the project is simple and easy to understand, that is important because the users can understand everything.

Advantages and disadvantages

ADVANTAGES:
- The project is adapted to the age of the students.
- The contents are adapted to the students.
- It has some resources for the development of the activities.
-     

DISADVANTAGES:
- The project does not allows students to make some choices about the products. They do not decided how they work, and how they use their time.
- The culture is not well developed in the project.


It has been an interesting experience, I would recommended to everybody. I hope you enjoy this post, and you find it useful for you. See you in the next post!.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My flipped presentation

Turning a flat activity into a super learning mission!